According to the World Health Organization, an average of Rs. 6500 per person was lost in India due to lack of cleanliness and hygiene. If we make Sanitation a public movement, we can make our country being counted as one among the cleanest nations.
(Shri Narendra Modi on Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan)
The FINISH Project
FINISH Society executed the FINISH project in association with various partners like NGOs, Microfinance Institutions, cooperatives etc. The program encourages individual household participation by facilitating access to financial support under financial inclusion. Under the project, FINISH had facilitated construction of more than 6 lacs safe sanitation systems by the end of year 2016.
FINISH Society is also implemented sanitation programs for construction of Safe Sanitations for Individual Households, Communities and Institutions etc in partnership with Government, Agencies and Corporates.
- Providing Access to Safe Sanitation and Promoting Good Hygiene Practices in Morena district, Madhya Pradesh with support of JK Tyres.
- Providing Access to Safe Sanitation and Promoting Good Hygiene Practices in Rajsamand district of Rajasthan with support of JK Tyres.
- Implementation of Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Project for “Enabling Access to Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (Wash) for Rural Communities in Jharsuguda district of Odisha with support of OPGC Limited.
- Community Approaches to Total Sanitation (CATS) Programme in 13 Villages of Kapurthala District in Punjab supported by ITC Limited.
- Promoting Safe Sanitation for achieving Sustainable ODF in Jhalawar district of Rajasthan with support of ITC Limited
- Construction of Toilets in Maithon, Jharkhand under Tata Power Limited CSR through AWARENESS and mobilization.
- Construction of 20,000 toilets in Barmer district of Rajasthan through motivation and awareness generation supported by Cairn India.
- ODF status and implementation of “Swacch Bharat Abhiyan” in Hathras district of Uttar Pradesh with support of Tata Aldesa (Joint Venture)
- Project on ODF sustainability in 6 cities of Yawalmal district in Maharashtra supported by HSBC Bank.
- Implement a comprehensive programme to help realize the sanitation goals of improving status of sanitation, hygiene behavior and waste management making the Program village of Behrampadi in Gundalpet district in Karnataka with support from Omni Active.
- Improving Sanitation and Hygiene Practices in Selected Schools in Rajasthan (Jodhpur) with support of PwC India Foundation
- Facilitate provision of sanitation facilities and some basic educational infrastructure in Gov. Sr. Sec. Schools of Jaipur, Rajasthan with support of Hero MotoCorp.
- Piloting Sustainable WASH in Schools for Enabling Better Health, Hygiene and Environment in Nashik, Maharashtra with support of Water Aid and NSE
FINISH Society receives NGO Leadership Award 2017
Fostering Circular Economy Through Waste Water Reuse.
FINISH is empanelled as Key Resource Centre(KRC) for training and capacity building under Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation for Swachh Bharat Mission ( Gramin).
Shikhar Block in Mirzapur district of Uttar Pradesh became the first ever Block to become Open Defecation Free (ODF) on June 5, 2016
FINISH Society, with the support of UNICEF and the District administration conducted three training sessions on CLTS in Mirzapur to initiate the ODF journey in Block Shikhar
Training Session on the CLTS Approach was held in district Pratapgardh of Uttar Pradesh.
Training Session on the CLTS Approach was held in district Jaunpur of Uttar Pradesh.
Celebration of World Toilet Day at Longaon village, Bhokardan Block at Jalna District.
FINISH Society is among the four nominees for the prestigious Sarphati Sanitation Award for Young Entrepreneurs 2015, to be held in November in Amsterdam.
FINISH kicks off the research survey with First workshop in Gujarat from 6th of July
FINISH film "Let's Make it Right" bags the Gold Award in Best Social Development Campaign Category of FLAME AWARDS 2014
Developing an alternate supply chain solutions for promoting Safe Sanitation in partnership with UNICEF, Maharashtra
Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya - Implementing school sanitation program.